My Approach to Counseling
My intention as a therapist is to provide a safe and non-judgmental space for my clients to be themselves and feel open to talk about anything. I want my clients to have confidence in themselves, feel empowered by their counseling sessions, and feel comfortable in the therapeutic relationship so they learn to be the expert of their own lives.
We will uncover and reshape any negative thoughts and beliefs that might be contributing to your distress and see how these beliefs play out in your life and relationships. Over time, you will practice new ways of thinking that unlock your full potential for growth and change.
Additionally, by integrating a solution-focused perspective, you will move from problem-saturated thinking to problem solving for yourself. Therapy is a process and can transform your life.
Eating Disorders and Body Image
I have a passion to work with clients who are struggling with eating disorders, body image issues, self-confidence, and self-esteem. I struggled with an eating disorder when I was a teenager and had body image issues for many years. If you are restricting your diet or overeating, there is hope for you. It is important to find the root cause of this behavior. Together we will dig deep to eliminate the need for you to act out on any harmful behaviors.
Marriage and Relationship Therapy
- Have you been struggling in your marriage?
- Would you like to learn effective communication skills to improve your relationship with your partner?
- Is it hard to be in a relationship after a betrayal?
- Do you think that it is a challenge for you to get over the past?
- Do you find yourself in a constant loop of right and wrong, finger pointing and blaming?