Here at High Expectations we understand the importance of integrating group counseling along side individual therapy or as a standalone. We offer several groups. As we add more we are hopeful that you will find one that is the best fit for you.
Please take the time to read about the groups and if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us.
Women’s Group Process In Orlando
Women Speaking The Same Language
Women’s group process in Orlando is a great way for women to come together. In our society women tend to have a harder time bonding with other women. It seems easier for men. Why is this?
- Women tend to size each other up and can be very competitive with each other.
- Oftentimes women don’t trust other women and feel threatened.
- Our society plots women against each other by using tactics around looks and superficial ways.
- Women have been programmed to feel like they cannot bring other women around their partners.
What a shame. Every woman needs a few good female friends. When two women have a deep friendship it can be one of the best relationships ever. Women get each other. They understand on a deep level what it feels like to be a woman. Especially one in a male dominant world. A world where women often struggle to prove themselves in the workforce.
Women’s Group Process In Orlando
What is a women’s process group? What are the advantages of women coming together to share their struggles, triumphs, challenges and to also support one another?
We can often feel isolated and alone going through the same daily routine of work, raising children, running around with a thousand balls in the air.
We have this programming that we have to be all things at one time. We neglect our own personal well being and put everyone before us. When was the last time you met up with some girlfriends to share and bond. To allow your guard down and just be present. When was the last time you sat quietly and meditated?
At High Expectations counseling we see the value in women coming together weekly to make new connections with other women. There is power in group processing.
For most of us we often feel that others won’t get what we are going through. We feel isolated and alone. When you’re able to hear other women relate or share similar stories, you instantly feel like they “get you”. And they do. We think our stories are unique but really they aren’t.
After doing deep work on yourself and peeling back the layers of programming and conditioning you can often be left in a space where you feel lost. It’s like you left one room and are starting to head into the other but you’re in the hallway where it can feel lonely and isolating.
The following are just a few of the topics discussed in the women’s group process and the many benefits:
- What does it mean to be codependent and put everyone before yourself?
- Why is it so hard to practice self care? We feel guilty when we spend a day pampering ourselves. Even if it’s as simple as going to the gym, attending a yoga class, meditating or buying yourself a new outfit.
- Relationships, breakups, divorce, and separation. Many women are going through hard and challenging times in their marriages and relationships. You will be amazed at how many others are facing the same issues.
- Setting healthy boundaries especially with toxic people who seem to always want to dump their toxicity into you. This can relate to family members, coworkers, etc.
- Learning to stand up for yourself and stand in your truth Without feeling the need to apologize all the time.
- You will feel supported by the group. You feel truly loved. Authentic friendships stem from the power of women coming together to share their triumphs, sorrows, joys and shared experiences.
- Learn to be assertive and stand up for yourself. No longer is there the need to always apologize for everything. We have become a culture where women are always saying sorry for no reason. Understand how this has often been passed down from generation to generation. We stop apologizing for who we are.
- Group is a great place to discuss toxic family patterns. We discover that we have the right to say no to those that impose their viewpoints onto us. We also learn what it means to stay in our own lane. No more do we need to impose our truth onto others like they have with us.
- Learn what true unconditional love of self means. We stop caring about what others think about us. We understand that it is just a projection of others’ stories and narratives. It isn’t personal if someone doesn’t like us. Why? Because we are starting to walk a spiritual path where we understand that we have always been love, light and pure.
I encourage any woman who feels isolated or desires to continue to raise their frequency and meet women who are aware they are not their mind to join us. We learn we do not have to allow our mind to control our emotional state. Utilizing short guided meditations at the beginning of the group will help you find balance, letting the stress of the day melt away so that you’re present.
My hope is that you will give it a try. You can come shy, uncertain and apprehensive. But I can guarantee you that once you connect you will find so much support and love. The women in this group are truly pulling for each other. What a blessed feeling.
Group meets Wednesdays 5:00-6:15pm in the group room at the main office. Don’t worry if you’re a few minutes late because you’re coming straight from work. We all get it. Come as you are.
Group Cost: $40 or a donation if that is too expensive and you want to come each week. We will work it out.
Sign up for 10 weeks and get a discount of $100 off.
I am so excited to start this group. We all need it, including myself. Find your tribe today and start to connect on a higher conscious level.
Sally High, Lmhc
Call, text or email for more information or to sign up.
When: Wed 5-6:15pm
Duration: 75 min
Ages: 20 and up
Contact Sally at [321-444-5658]
Women's Boundary Workshop
Relationships are complex and ever changing. Setting forth healthy boundaries, couples with effective communication skills foster healthy and fulfilling relationships. This workshop looks into defining what a boundary is, what are different types of boundaries to have, how to define and set your boundaries, and how to increase assertive ways to enforce your boundaries in multiple relationships/settings.
- What are boundaries?
- What are different categories of boundaries to have
- How to say no and manage the uncomfortable feelings that happen afterwards
- What limits should you place on a partner?
- What to do if someone does not respect your boundaries?
- How to set different boundaries with different people
*Group sessions will be limited in size to create a safe and therapeutic space to learn about yourself, relationships, and relate and support others also wanting this personal growth. This will be a closed group workshop so you know who is in your workshop every week and who you will be cultivating change with.
Who: 10 women ages 18 and above interested in developing healthy boundaries and relationships while increasing their confidence in their ability to communicate these things with others.
When: May 8th, 2022
Duration: 5 weeks
Where: Main Office
Cost: $45 per session
$20 off if paid in full on first meet up ($250)
Led by Licensed Clinician Rebecca White, MA, LMHC
For more information or to sign up call 407-967-1327 or email Rebecca@therapyhec.com
Teen Group Processing
Being a teen today in the 21st century is difficult. There are so many expectations placed on our teens that are unrealistic. They often feel “not good enough”.
These feelings can be overwhelming and often times teens aren’t equipped with tools to bring about the shift in awareness. To be allowed to do this work in a safe place is invaluable.
Being a part of a small and intimate group weekly will allow you to talk about your feelings, share your thoughts, get support from your therapist and peers, and learn new healthy coping strategies to start replacing destructive behaviors.
Long Term Goals
- To learn tools to cope with the stressors in life in a healthy way.
- To learn how to identify and process feelings in a safe environment
- To gain support and validation from peers and therapists.
- Learn how to communicate with others, speak your truth, navigate conversations that create anxiety.
- Understand who and what it means to be around toxic people and families.
Who would benefit?
Teens struggling with:
- Anxiety/social anxiety
- Emotional problems
- Low self-esteem
- Negative self-talk
- Impulse control
- Distress tolerance
- Emotional regulation
- Lack of healthy coping skills
- Unhealthy home life
Please reach out to Stephanie@therapyhec.com to sign up and get more information
This group is for teens ages 13-18 and is Coed.
Start date: Wed February 23rd
Location: Main Office
Group Counseling In Orlando can be very affective as an ad on to your individual therapy or by itself. Call us today at 407-967-1327.