Couples Counseling Orlando and couples therapy Orlando. What is my approach? Therapist do not all operate the same way. Many feel that when it comes to couples counseling Orlando, some partners should be seen by separate therapist. Other counselors feel couples must always be seen together for session. The truth is that you cannot make a blanket statement for all couples. Each present as their own unique identity and personality.
Couples Counseling Orlando - Why so many fear Therapy
So often I get a call from one partner sounding very nervous on the other end of the phone. I understand their fear. You may have reservations about therapy. Some feel awkward and vulnerable at the idea of opening up about their relationship and sharing it with a therapist. Understanding my approach to counseling with couples is key to feeling comfortable coming in and allowing yourself to be honest and open to the process.
The following list are my thoughts and ideas on conducting therapy for Couples Therapy Orlando:
- Couples get stuck in a feedback loop of negative communication. They shut down from talking and this leads to resentments, assumptions and frustration over unmet perceived needs.
- When your in the relationship it is hard to see what needs to change in order to bring healing. A person outside of the system can see much more clearly the patterns and how the flow has negatively impacted the relationship.
- I work collaboratively with couples. I think of myself more as a coach, helping to point out areas where the communication has become stuck and repetitive. By seeing the system the couple can then start to not personalize it and the communication can begin to flow.
- I always tell couples that the first session will be together and that once we all three meet, we will then decide which way to naturally move. The process of couples counseling Orlando is always an individual journey. Most of the time after the first session, it is very clear what individual work each needs to focus on in order for the system to heal and for change to occur.
- Almost all of the time when the couple has a break in communication fear sets in. The couple stops talking and each feel unheard, not seen and become angry and attempt to change the other person. Understanding that you cannot change anyone but yourself is key.
Couples Counseling Orlando - How it Truly Works
The truth is that if both are willing to look at themselves and just take an honest inventory they will see that much of the reason for the break down is caused by conditioning. Past conditioning from childhood are the belief systems that tell us what a relationship should or should not look like. We never sit down with a partner at the start of the relationship and have a talk about our childhood conditioning. Most are unaware that they operate from conditioning. When your partner does not align, you get a feeling of frustration. Instantly the partners become defensive and guarded. You feel that you are right and the other is wrong. Both cannot really understand what they are arguing over but they feel justified in their beliefs.
Couples Counseling Orlando - Seeking Help Works
Counseling will help you to identify the conditioned belief systems that you are holding onto so strongly. You will see how they are not aligned with your true nature. Once revealed you will be able to change your thought or perception and shift into a healthy state of being. Anger, anxiety and fear will slip away. The key to a happy relationship is to know your self. The better you understand yourself and how you operate, the better you are able to allow others to be themselves. This is the stage of love coming forth. Acceptance and allowance for others to do and be themselves without any of your needs being met.