Counseling For Depression Orlando
Counseling For Depression Orlando and what does it mean to get the help you have needed for a long time? Do you often find yourself feeling sad, hopeless and empty most days than not? Do you seem to have lost interest and motivation in things you once found pleasurable? Hobbies, spending time with family, going out with friends seems of no interests. Do you find your nights tossing and turning unable to stay asleep or even go to sleep in the first place? If these have been consistent feelings and behaviors showing up for at least 2 weeks then you might have a case of depression. It is serious but it is also able to be treated.
Everyone from time to time feels down and sad. These feeling subside after a little while. Maybe your depression or sad feelings are situational. When the feeling does not lift you may be experiencing clinical depression. This mood disorder causes distress and associated symptoms that affect your thoughts, actions, day to day functioning and much more. In order to fall under the criteria for depression these symptoms must show up and be present more days than not for at least 2 weeks.
Counseling For Depression Orlando – Helping Myself
Receiving help is a must. Once you do recovery is possible. It takes the willingness to not want to continue to live life the way you currently are. A combination of antidepressants along with therapy can have great benefits and the outcome can mean freedom once and for all from depression. Results from taking medication can take up to 2-4 weeks. The following things added to medication can help:
- Try to stay active and get exercise.
- Break up your larger tasks into small task. Start setting priorities. Do as much as you can and be easy on yourself.
- Spend time not alone but with people you trust and who care about your well being.
- Postpone really important life decisions while your feeling depressed. Wait till you feel better. Discuss the changes and what changes you want to make with others first.
- Avoiding trying to find solution in self-medicating with alcohol and drugs. Only take those prescriptions that a Dr. prescribes you.
Counseling For Depression Orlando – How Others Can Help
If someone you are close to is depressed then first encourage them to seek professional help. Along with your suggestion you can try the following:
- Offer your support, your understanding and be patient and encouraging.
- Don’t ignore any comments regarding suicide. Call a support line or therapist.
- Invite your depressed loved one to go for walks, as well as outings and other things that will help them feel included and not isolate.
- Assist them and encourage them to follow the Dr. and therapist suggestions.
- You can be a big help just by agreeing to drive them there and being there with them if they feel unable to attend or nervous.
- Remind them that it will get better.
Counseling For Depression Orlando – Seeking Help
If you are stuck and not sure where to turn for help, ask your health provider. You can also turn to NIMH (National Institute for Mental Health). Here you will find several useful tips, information and hotline numbers that are of great value. Seek therapy from a licensed mental health professional. Together we will work collaboratively to create a tailor fit treatment plan and get you onto the road to recovery. Your life is suppose to be full of love, expansion and light. Yes depression can feel like a black tunnel but it does not have to be like this forever. Call now and let’s start the road to recovery.