Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Near Me
Cognitive behavioral therapy near me is a very common type of therapy or (psychotherapy) conducted by talking. You will be working directly with a licensed mental health professional in a very structured manner and attend a limited set number of therapy sessions. Cognitive Therapy Near Me will help you bring awareness to your negative thought processes so that you can be able to observe challenging life situations in a much clearer way and also be able to respond in a much more effective and healthy way.
CBT or cognitive therapy near me can be a helpful tool. It can be used as a stand alone approach or with other therapy approaches. Also used to aid with various mental health disorders: depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), ruminating thoughts and/or an eating disorder. It is not just for those diagnosed with a mental health disorder. It is a great tool for helping anyone that wants to learn how to manage life situations that are stressful.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Near Me-Why Its Used
Cognitive behavioral therapy is conducted in treating various mental health issues. It’s often considered the most favored type of therapeutic approach used because it quickly helps the client to effectively identify and to cope with specific life challenges. It for the most part requires less sessions with the therapist than other forms of therapy. It is conducted in a format that is structured.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a very useful tool when addressing emotional challenges you face.
- Manages symptoms of illness related to the mind.
- Treats mental illnesses when medications are not the best option.
- Learn helpful techniques and tools for coping with life’s stresses.
- Identify certain ways to cope and manage your emotions.
- Resolve conflict in relationships. Learn new ways to effectively communicate.
- Cope and process grief and loss.
- Overcome painful emotional trauma that is related to physical abuse or violence.
- Cope with and process a medical related illness.
- Manage and assist with chronic physical pain and symptoms.
In many cases, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is going to be the most successful when it is used with other modalities and treatments.
The First Therapy Session
At the first session, the therapist will gather information directly related to you as well as ask what your goals are. You will explain your past as well as current physical as well as emotional health so that the therapist can gain a much deeper understanding of the situation. The therapist at this time may discuss with you whether you might be a good candidate for other forms of therapy or treatment.
The first session will be time for you to do an interview of the therapist to make sure he or she is a good fit. The following is a list of things you may want to keep in mind.
Make sure you understand:
- What is the therapist’s approach?
- What type of counseling or therapy is right for you?
- The length and cost of each therapy session.
- How many sessions do you think you need?
It will take a few sessions for you and the therapist to get an accurate picture of your situation. Also to determine the best approach. If for whatever reason you feel uncomfortable with the therapist then find another. It’s important you find the right fit.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Near Me – Give It A Try
What do you have to lose. Seek help today to get the help you need. CBT has been around for a long time. It is effective and works. Give us a call at 407-967-1327 and let’s start the work to set you on the right track.