Orlando Massage Therapy
Orlando massage therapy. A well trained massage therapist will use light to strong pressure on the body’s muscles and joints during a massage to relieve pain and tension. The practice of massaging the muscles and other soft tissues in the body, such as tissue, ligaments, and tendons, with the intention of enhancing a person’s health is known as massage therapy.
Licensed massage therapists have received extensive training in anatomy and physiology and put that knowledge to use in a number of ways to promote wellness.
Here are some benefits of Orlando massage therapy:
- Improved sleep: Regularly getting enough sleep is a crucial component of any wellness program. Without it, we are more susceptible to a range of physical and psychological issues. While getting a massage at work isn’t meant to put you to sleep right away, the benefits of better blood flow, a slower heartbeat, and relaxed muscles can make it easier and last longer for you to fall asleep.
- Relieves Depression: Numerous clinical studies have been examined by researchers to determine whether massage treatment can reduce the symptoms of depression. They found that every single trial had excellent outcomes for easing some of the symptoms of anxiety and despair.
- Promotes a feeling of well-being: The hormone associated with cuddling and affection is oxytocin. When two individuals physically interact, touch, embrace, or bond, oxytocin is generated, which fosters intense sensations of comfort, ease, and well-being. The use of massage therapy encourages the flow of happy hormones.
- Calming your mind: Simply taking a 15-minute break from your work will help reset your brain and allow you to take some deep breaths, in addition to the physical changes that massage can cause. You can gain perspective by taking breaks from your desk, which will help you return to your work with renewed energy.
- Feeling relaxed and energized: Living with a mental illness of any kind takes a lot of effort. Getting out of bed in the morning can be challenging, never mind focusing on work. Increased circulation helps you feel more energized and focused while reducing weariness and sluggishness.
- Increases overall happiness: It has been demonstrated that massage therapy reduces stress, anxiety, and irritation. A happier person is the result of the interaction of these effects. They develop higher levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain. A person’s personal life as well as the lives of people around them can be affected in an infinite number of ways by their level of happiness.
- Alleviate chronic illness: Individuals with chronic illnesses and diseases also experience higher levels of stress. A chronic disease may become worse as a result of high stress. This can then fuel more stress and perpetuate the vicious cycle. Massage treatment is shown to improve many people’s quality of life. Even if no disease has been demonstrated to be cured by it. For instance, regular massage therapy reduces the negative effects of cancer treatment in children with cancer, such as pain, anxiety, and sadness. The child’s psychological and physical health is also improved, which helps them combat their sickness.
- Mental health: It is essential to have a holistic approach to mental wellness. There isn’t a quick fix or magic pill that will make everything better right now. However, a terrific place to start is by discovering how to take it slowly, look after ourselves, and establish balance. Regular massage as part of a comprehensive health and wellness program can make a world of difference.
- Lowering stress levels: Cortisol is known as the “stress” hormone. When this spirals out of control, we feel worn out, worried, and tense. Numerous other problems may arise as a result of ongoing stress and high cortisol levels. Cortisol levels have been reported to drop by up to 30% after massage. This helps to decrease anxiety.
Orlando Massage Therapy
Massage therapy and yoga classes are offered at High Expectation Counseling. In order to ensure that each of her clients receives the most benefit and healing during their session, Brooke Quinn, a licensed massage therapist, and registered yoga teacher uses a variety of techniques such as trigger point therapy, stretching, reflexology, and Reiki. She believes that each client has specific needs that call for a personalized treatment plan. This is designed to balance the body, mind, and spirit. Call (407) 967-1327 for a free15-minute consultation.