Benefits of Massage in Orlando
What is massage therapy?
Christopher Deery, a board-certified therapeutic massage and bodywork massage therapist defined massage therapy as the systematic and purposeful manipulation of the soft tissues of the human body to achieve a relaxed state while also reducing things like pain, tension, anxiety, and exhaustion.
Massage may be on your to-do list all the time, but there are those people who never seem to get around to me-time, and they need to be aware of the restorative qualities of a good massage session.
There are many facets of our daily lives that can produce stress, including the workplace, interpersonal relationships, financial stress, and the list goes on. Stress can have a substantial impact on both of these components of our well-being. Developing effective coping mechanisms for stress can help us manage our physical and emotional health.
Benefits of Massage In Orlando
Massage therapy can help with the following:
- Stress- relief and relaxation: The most important effect of massage is stress alleviation. Anecdotal data shows that massages can help reduce tension and promote relaxation.
- Relief from constipation: If you have constipation or other digestive problems, a stomach massage may help relieve some of your discomfort. A 2016 study published in Gastroenterology Nursing discovered that abdominal massages helped people suffering from post-surgery constipation evacuate their bowels and feel better.
- Couple therapy: Physical contact does more than just make you feel wonderful. Several studies reveal that physical touch can lower blood pressure and raise chemicals such as oxytocin, which makes us feel happy. Massages given by couples to one another are helpful to both the giver and the recipient.
- Relief from headache and tension: A tension headache or concentration headache can feel like there is a tight band wrapped around your skull. The origin is unknown, but there is evidence that massages can provide relief for this type of headache.
- Strain and muscle soreness: Massage brings blood flow to the area where your muscles are sore and swollen (and encourage recovery).
Some Benefits of Massage In Orlando
- Temporary arthritis and joint pain relief: Arthritis can be defined as “joint swelling and discomfort.” As your massage therapist kneads and massages your muscles, blood flows to your joints, which may provide some temporary relief.
- Improves sleep: A massage will help you relax and improve your mood. Going to bed with your muscles relaxed and loosened encourages more restful sleep.You will feel less exhausted in the morning.
- Improves circulation: Increases blood flow throughout the body. It allows the loosening of muscles and tendons. Improving your circulation can have a variety of beneficial benefits on the rest of your body. Reduced fatigue and pain relief are just a few to mention.
- Reduce fatigue: Massage therapy has been shown to improve mood and encourage better quality sleep. This leaves you feeling more refreshed and less tired at the end of the day.
- Reduces post-surgery and post-injury swelling: A professional massage is an excellent approach to safely treat a sports injury. Also it helps to recover from surgery.
- Alleviate depression and anxiety: Massage therapy can help your body release endorphins, making you feel happy and at ease.
High Expectation Counseling provides a holistic approach to treating the entire person- Mind/Body/Spirit. We think that finding balance in all aspects of life is essential for true healing and rehabilitation.
Contact Brooke Quinn to set up your massage. Give us a call at 407-967-1327